Monday, April 5

Lalalalalalalalife is wonderful

I lead a great life. Instead of rigorously detailing everything that has happened in my life since my last post, I will give you a list of bullet points....these are the highlights of the past week or so.


  • Going to the lake and having no clocks, cell phone service, or internet. Having no concept of time makes the days go by nice and slow.
  • Hiking a 2.5 mile trail at Ha Ha Tonka Park. (It felt waaaay longer than 2.5 miles.) 
  • Eating gorp (aka trail mix) while sitting on a rock during our hike.
  • Spending time with my bff Brittany. She treated me to a pedicure and bought me a super cute purse for my birthday. (Which is this coming Sunday if you were wondering. :))
  • Alex showing me what true love is by holding my hair back when I threw up the hamburger I ate for dinner. Now that I eat healthier, greasy food makes me sick. 
  • I've lost 9 pounds so far...I still have a ways to go, but I am celebrating each pound being shed!
  • This weekend I racked in the Starbucks gift cards...I was given $40 to spend as I please at Starbucks. That'll buy me quite a few iced coffees. :)
  • Look at this tree that got knocked over in a little microburst that happened Friday. 


Exciting news: Alex and I are moving to Olathe! We found a really, really great apartment that has everything we wanted in a new place. We are super stoked even though pretty much everyone we know is confused as to why we're moving. But I realized something today as I was taking a walk outside in the glorious 75 degree weather...the best things in my life are all the things that people tried to talk me out of doing. Going to Uganda...3 times. Teaching middle school math in an urban school. Getting married at 21. Reflecting on this has made me even more excited to move. Whenever I encounter opposition in a decision, it always turns out spectacular. 

Today was the first day back from spring break and it was so very wonderful to see the 120 faces of my students so eager to be back in school. I love those kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment