Thursday, March 25

oh, how time passes!

Tomorrow is my last official day of my ten week student teaching....this means that I will no longer be the one planning lessons and being the sole teacher. I will still be helping out in the classroom, but I will be more of a co-teacher than the one in charge. I really never thought this day would come. I remember my freshman year of college like it was only a few months ago!

My students have changed my life in so many ways. Student teaching has changed my life in so many ways. I love making new discoveries and strides in my teaching ability. I love that my husband encourages me in my teaching aspirations and never (well rarely) asks me to tone down the amount of time I spend talking about my students. 


  • I cannot believe that Alex and I have been  married for almost 8 months! Thats practically a year!
  • Spring break is next week! Alex and I are going to the lake Tuesday-Friday and will be out of communication with the world...we won't even have cell phone service! I am so excited to be able to spend so much time with my love! Did I mention it is supposed to be in the seventies all next week?!?! 
  • Speaking of nice weather, I am so glad it is scooter riding season! I can't explain how much my insides bubble up with joy those first few scooter rides of the season. :) I love seeing people's reactions to us on Alex's bright yellow scooter. 
  • Molly (my sister) is spending the night on Saturday. Super pumped about that! She is definitely one of my favorite people on the planet. 
Today while my students were working on a project on the laptops, I noticed that one boy was completely zoning, and periodically looking at my boots. (They are mustard yellow and I wore a purple jumper dress today.) I walked over and asked him if he needed help with the assignment, and he told me he was just trying to figure out why I always wear these boots whenever I wear this dress. I told him it was because purple and yellow are my favorite colors so I love wearing them at the same time. He gave me a funny look and said, "That don't match," and got back to work. :)

I am so excited to hear Alex preach this Palm Sunday. He is amazing and inspires me to be a better person on a daily basis!

1 comment:

  1. LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks! Woo! I am so proud of you for finishing student teaching with great aplomb.

    ReplyDelete